If you mastered, the basics of Balloonary and you want to get more out of your Campaign, here are a few tips and tricks on how to improve it:
FREE LOGO MAKER
A logo is important for your business, but do not stress about it during the Ideation Camp. You will need all your energy to build a solid business case for your idea; a logo is secondary. But if you are on your way to the moon and have some time left, here is a little article about Logo 101 and some free/freemium tools to get you started.
BUILT-IN IMAGE DATABASE
You can upload your own images or access the free Unsplash image database right from Balloonary.
BANNER IMAGE SECTION
Add a strong, emotionally packed image that speaks a thousand words or puts your solution or product into context.
In the Page Builder, go to your Landing Page, select Page Settings in the menu bar, and add a Banner Image section.
Using a video, you can often explain a solution, service, product, or problem better than with simple text. If you have an external YouTube or Vimeo link to a video e.g. from your pitch, add it to your Landing Page.
In the Page Builder, go to your Landing Page, select Page Settings in the menu bar, and add a Video section.
Add your team info with pictures and roles to your Landing Page.
People like to see who is behind an idea, and it is also the perfect opportunity to showcase your team’s complementary skills and to show that you have what it takes to pull off your idea.
In the Page Builder, go to your Landing Page, select Page Settings in the menu bar, and add a Team section.
SECTION SETTINGS (advanced users)
Have a look at the Section Settings menu in the side bar. Depending on the section you are working on, you may unlock additional settings to optimise your section.
ELEMENT SETTINGS (advanced users)
You may have noticed that every element of your Pages has a little circular icon next to the element name .
Click on the icon. This will open the Element Settings menu in the side bar. Now, you can individually adjust the design of elements like font color, font size, font weight, line height, image radius, and much more. Feel free to experiment, you can always reset to default; if you have to.
Alternatively, you can adjust the general style and typography of your entire Test Balloon in two easy steps via the Campaign Settings menu in the side bar.
/// DONT FORGET TO PUBLISH YOUR UPDATES ! ! ! ///
SURVEY QUESTIONS TO GET YOU STARTED
You already know that open questions are much better to extract information from your visitor, but you also know that very few will take the time to write you an essay.
Try to strike a good balance between Single Choice, Multiple Choice and Free Text questions.
You may ask questions about the age, gender, education etc… of your user, but just ask those questions if they can bring an answer to your most burning question.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of a few formulations to help you dig deeper with your survey and interviews:
- How are you dealing with…?
- When is the last time you…?
- What are your big problems with…?
- How much is this service/product/solution worth to you?
- Are you spending a lot of time on…?
- Which services/tools do you use? Do you use…?
- What other information would you like to see on this page?
- What are the three main things that appeal to you regarding our solution/product/service?
- What other products would you like to see us offer?
- How likely are you to recommend us to a friend or colleague?
- Is our pricing clear? If not—what would you change?
- If you had a magic wand and could change anything in our product/solution/service, what would it be?
- What’s the next thing you think we should build?
- How would you feel if we launched our product/service/solution in the next 2/3/4…weeks/months/years?
It remains your choice to select the questions and type of questions that get you the answers you seek. Some questions work better than others and there is no one-size-fits-all.
Experiment, iterate, be curious, and have fun.