When you connect your Facebook account to Balloonary you have to choose a Facebook page for which to advertise. After doing so you will have to manually give us permission for that page, so that Balloonary can use it as the author of the ads you plan to publish on Facebook.
In this guide we will walk you through the steps to approve our request for the page. Don’t worry, it sounds more complicated than it really is…
1. Open facebook.com
2. Click on the notification icon on the top right of the page.
3. You should see a notification from Spoticle. Why Spoticle and not Balloonary? Spoticle Sarl is the name of the company that is building Balloonary.
4. So just click that notifcation and you should be taken to “Page Roles”.
In case you don’t see that notification you can also manually get to the same place: On the main facebook page just click “Pages”, then choose the page in question. Then click “Settings”, then “Page Roles”.
5. Scroll down until you see “Pending Partner Requests” and click on “Respond to Request”.
6. You should see a modal that summarizes information about Spoticle. Now click the “Continue” button on the bottom right.
7. You should now see a final message with an overview of what Spoticle may do with your page on your behalf. Click “Accept Request” in the bottom right and you’re almost done.
8. Enter your password to confirm your action.
9. You should now see that Spoticle is listed under “Agencies”. If you do, congrats, you’re all set!
In case you are wondering why all this manual clicking is even necessary, welcome to the club.
While we do understand the heightened security concerns surrounding page permissions, we cannot explain why Facebook did not simply provide an API to handle this request / approval process, or even made it part of the Facebook Login.
Anyway, we’re sorry we had to make you jump through those hoops and we hope you’ll have an otherwise great experience with Balloonary.
And please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions!