You can connect your Paypal account to Balloonary to quickly add PayPal Smart Buttons to your Balloons. This offers a great way to test how well your product or service actually sells.
As with all of Balloonary’s features, the PayPal integration is built for speed and simplicity.
1. Create a PayPal Business account
If you already have a PayPal BUSINESS account, please continue with step 2.
If you already already have a PRIVATE PayPal account:
- Open https://www.paypal.com/ and log in.
- Click on the cog icon in the top right to open your settings
- Click the link at the bottom of the “Account Settings” tile named “Upgrade to business account”.
- Follow PayPal’s instructions from here. It is free and pretty straight forward to upgrade.
If you don’t have any PayPal account yet:
- Open https://www.paypal.com/ and click on “Create account” in the top right of the page.
- Now select the second of the two options named “Business Account” and click “Next”.
- Follow PayPal’s instructions from here. It is free and pretty straight forward to finish the setup for the business account.
2. Create a Live App
- Once you have a PayPal Business account and are logged in,
- Hover over your name on the top right of the page and click “Dashboard”
- You should see a headline saying “My apps & credentials”. Underneath that there is a toggle set to “Sandbox”. Switch it to “Live”.
- Now click the “Create app” button just a few rows down.
- Name your app. This will not be public, so any random name will do. And click “Create App” at the bottom.
- You should now see your new app in the list. Make sure that you’re still in the “Live” tab. Click your new app open its details.
- This is where you’ll find your Client ID and Secret which you will need in the next step.
3. Add your PayPal API credentials to Balloonary
- In Balloonary, you’ve got two options to connect PayPal.
A: While in the home dashboard, click on “Integrations” in the side bar. Then click “Connect” on the PayPal tile.
B: Open a landing page. Open the “Section Settings” in the left side bar. Select the “Header” section. Set the “Call to Action Type” to “Buy with PayPal”. Then click “Connect PayPal”.
- In the “Connect PayPal” modal copy and paste your Client ID and Secret from the step before.
- Click save and you should be all set.
If you have any trouble, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can even create a post right here in the forum!