In order to do that you need to create a CNAME record in GoDaddy for the domain you own.
- First you need to log in to your GoDaddy account and navigate to the DNS Management page. If you need help to find this page on GoDaddy, click on this link.
- You need to create a CNAME record by clicking Add at the bottom of the Records section.
- Next you need to fill in the right information in the various fields:
- Host : The host name, or prefix, the CNAME record will be set to. You can include a period (.) but not as the first or last character. Consecutive periods (…) are not allowed. The host cannot exceed 25 characters or be the @ symbol.
Example: If you own the domain test.com and you want to point www.test.com
to your Balloonary project, you just need to put www as the Host. Same for any
other subdomain, if you want to point yourproject.test.com to your Balloonary
project, you just need to put yourproject as the Host.
- Points to : The URL you are setting as the destination for the host. This is the place where you need to paste the DNS Target that you received from Balloonary.
- TTL : Determine how long the server should cache information. A good default is 1h .
Now you just need to hit Save and all is set.
Please notice that it takes a bit of time until these settings are propagated and live, sometimes up to 48h.