OPEN THE PAGE BUILDER
From the Balloonary Dashboard, click on Landing Page component to open the Page Builder.
GETTING YOU STARTED
On the top of the Page Builder, you will recognize the components of your Test Balloon: Landing Page , Survey , and Thank You Page . Click on any of the three tabs to access a component and start editing.
OBJECTIVE: Create your Test Balloon and Distribute your Share Link
A good basic landing page should have:
- Logo (this can be text or an image)
- Hero image (either select one from our free picture database or upload your own)
- Claim (your idea in one short sentence)
- Description (briefly explain your idea)
- Our Solution (value proposition, explain the problem and the value/advantage of your idea with text and images)
- How It Works (explain how your solution/service works in easy step 1. 2. 3. …)
- Contact in the footer
You do not need to edit the Terms and Privacy in the footer, we have you covered.
ADDING A SECTION
- To add a section to your Landing Page, select the Landing Page tab in the Page Builder, then click on the Page Settings icon in the left menu bar:
- Select ADD SECTION, and choose one from the pop-up window
- To reorder or delete a section, just hover over the section that you want to reorder (left button) or delete (right button) in the Page Settings menu.
- Click on any element of your Landing Page to start editing a section
- Fill in the content for the sections you added.
- You can add more elements to a section e.g. image items or numbered items using the context menu that appears next to the section
- If you completed all the sections correctly, the Landing Page tab should have a full progress bar, otherwise hover over the tab to see which section needs your attention
Now click on the Survey tab to create your Survey.
- Click on the elements to enter a Title and Description
- To add questions to your Survey click on the Page Settings icon in the left menu bar:
- Select ADD SECTION and choose the type of question you would like to create: Multiple Choice , Single Choice , or Free Text . Repeat to add more questions to your Survey
- To reorder or delete any question in the template, in the Page Settings menu, just hover over the question that you want to reorder (left button) or delete (right button)
- Click on any question element in the template to add the question title or the choices/answers for Multiple or Single Choice Questions. You can add, reorder, or delete choices using the context menu that appears on the right next to the question
- If you completed all the sections correctly, the Survey tab should have a full progress bar, otherwise hover over the tab to see which section needs your attention.
See our Tips&Tricks chapter for a few tips on good survey questions.
THANK YOU PAGE
- Click on any element of your Thank You Page to edit it. For example, leave a nice message to thank the user for his/her interest in your product/service or for participating in your survey, and let them know you will keep them posted on your progress
- If you completed all the sections correctly, the Thank You Page tab should have a full progress bar, otherwise hover over the tab to see which section needs your attention
You should now be ready to publish your Test Balloon.
PUBLISH YOUR TEST BALLOON
- If you completed all the sections correctly, all the tabs should have a full progress bar, otherwise hover over the tab to see which section needs your attention.
- Click on the PUBLISH button.
CONGRATULATION! Your Landing Page is now LIVE!
Copy your Share Link , either from the pop-up that appears when you publish your Test Balloon or from the Balloonary Dashboard, and share it with potential customers or users in your network (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn…) or send it to people via email before you interview them to get feedback on your idea.
/// DONT FORGET TO PUBLISH YOUR UPDATES ! ! ! ///
You will be able to access your Survey results from the Balloonary Dashboard in the Responses menu.